Sunday, April 6, 2008

Sleep!

I got sleep on Friday night AND Saturday night! I worked day-shift on the second job, so I still had to get up at 5:30 am but at least I got to sleep two whole nights.

Wow!

After the first sleep, I felt better but still tired. After the second sleep, surprisingly, I REALLY did not want to go to work. I wanted to quit!

Strange reaction, don't you think?

I'm guessing that some part of my brain is saying "Why do this? Now you remember what it feels like to get a night's sleep. Why torture yourself again?"

Or maybe it's because having sleep contributes to a person's ability to be rational. And what rational person wants to do what I've been doing? Plus, being so sleep-deprived for so long... well, you sort of walk around like a zombie, just doing whatever is expected. Work here, do this task, then on to the next...

No, I didn't quit my job.

The male tenant was supposed to pick up his stuff yesterday. Two hours after he was supposed to show up, he called to say it would be another hour. Then it was going to be another two hours. I told him I was going to bed before that. I suggested that he come, load up the truck, and then if where he was keeping his things wasn't yet available, at least he would have it all loaded up and out of here. I told him to talk to his friend about it and call me back. I expected to hear back from him fairly shortly after that.

Nope.

I had just drifted off to sleep when the phone started ringing and ringing. No way I was getting up to have an argument with someone who obviously doesn't pay attention to anything I say anyway. I'd have become stressed and not got the sleep - and I think I deserve a decent night's sleep at this point.

Oh, by the way... this cold, mean, unreasonable person that I supposedly am, was awarded "Employee of the Month".

Yeah, I know, it's a dumb little thing. But still, I don't think they would have given me that if I was so horrible.

In spite of two nights sleep, I'm still awfully tired.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WAY TO NOT ANSWER THE PHONE!!!

WAY TO NOT LET YOURSELF GET STRESSED!!

WAY TO EARN EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH!!!

WAY TO SLEEP!!!

:)