Friday, May 2, 2008

I Don't Dance

The Wayward Manager gave me a hard time again all night tonight. It's become obvious that she feels threatened and wants to push me out. The only threat to her is herself.

One of the big bosses came to me to ask me a question. It wasn't a big deal. I answered the question and went back to what I was doing. The Wayward Manager pulled me aside and demanded to know what he'd asked me and what I'd said, word for word. Then she wanted to know if I was sure that's all he'd asked and that was all I'd said.

I wanted to tell her the sky was falling. Sheesh.

Another manager pulled me aside and told me that she is saying good things to the boss about me. She wants me to team up with her to help push the Wayward Manager out of there.

I just listened.

I'm not about to get into pushing anyone anywhere. Of course I won't be quiet if I see abuses or crime, but I'm not going to play games.

Yeah, yeah, I know... I know there's a dance, I know one should know how to do the dance, blah, blah...

My answer is this: I don't dance.

2 comments:

Admin said...

Good for you! Taking the high road can be lonely, but it sure beats the other option!

Anonymous said...

Good words.