Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Snippets

Psycho-guy quit work. He's gone into hiding because some bad drug-dealing dudes are after him. Rough stuff for him, but the fact that he quit is good news for a lot of other people.

The Wayward Manager is doing her best to make my time at work miserable. Sometimes it works, but mostly it doesn't.

God and the dogs and cats are keeping me sane.

I got my raise, which is good. But here's the rub - I'm still in exactly the same financial position I was in when I started this except now I'm working two jobs instead of one. The difference is that I don't have people in my house, which is good, but I don't have that income.

Requesting prayer: I want to apply for a different job. The process is onerous and the chance slim that I'll get it, but it would solve a lot of issues and I do think that prayer works and that what I'm going for is in line with what God wants from me.

Doctor's visit: The doc says my knee is healing okay. Another 4 weeks before it will feel better, but at least it's coming along. Also, I found out that I'm not getting nearly enough calcium. I was quite surprised at how short my diet falls.

Outside: I so enjoy being outside in the warm weather, even if I can only be out for short periods of time.

I managed to plant some beans. Normally, I would dig up the whole garden one day, prepare the soil the next day and then plant on the third day. The thing is I don't have a whole day. I haven't had a day off since... February? Anyway, I dug up and prepared a small section of garden and planted 8 bean plants. Hopefully I'll get time to plant some other things soon.

Was attacked by a raspberry plant. I survived the adventure and was reminded of it again at bedtime. Every time I laid my head down, it hurt. I kept looking at the pillow to see what in the heck was on it that was hurting my head.

Nothing.

Figured out that I had raspberry burrs in my hair.

Maybe that's why my mother made me brush my hair before bed. I never understood that... why brush your hair before bed? It's like putting on lipstick before bed. *shrug* Oh, well. :)

Too tired to think...

I should try to get some sleep. I have a meeting with a new client for the day job tomorrow and have to work at the night job as well. Then I might have court Thursday morning, then the night job... you know how it goes.

I have to change something but I don't know what and I don't know if I'd know how.

3 comments:

Patti said...

"Requesting prayer: I want to apply for a different job. The process is onerous and the chance slim that I'll get it, but it would solve a lot of issues and I do think that prayer works and that what I'm going for is in line with what God wants from me."

A different job to replace the night job? Or a different job during the day, along the same lines as the day job?

Praying it works out for you.

Anonymous said...

It would replace both jobs, fully utilize my skills, be totally in line with my "calling", pay me a living wage and allow me to help many more people than I can help right now. It would also be something I could do for the rest of my working years.

Admin said...

Praying that the doors will open.

Good to see a new post from you!