Monday, July 13, 2009

Breath-taking

Wow.  It's been a loonng time since my last post.  I wasn't sure if I'd be back.  So much has happened.... There's no way I can catch up, so I might as well just begin with today.

I've been feeling like God wants me to get physically strong again.  I've been meaning to exercise... Yep.  I'll be obedient - later.  Guess I'm no different from other kids.  Lucky for me that God is a forgiving and patient Father.

So I went running tonight.

Hey... am I not supposed to feel really good?  You know, energized and all that?  hmmm.. So when is that supposed to happen?

I'm grateful that I can run at all.  My legs work.  My lungs work.  The place where I live is much safer than other places in this world.  I even have decent shoes and everyone who runs knows that decent shoes are necessary to prevent injury.

I ran.  One block... then another... getting tired already after only two blocks.... c'mon, push it.

I could smell cigarette smoke.  I could smell green.  

Yeah, I said green.

You know... like leaves and grass and things.

Sneezed a couple of times.

I ran down to the water.  The sun was getting low in the sky.  I thanked God for His glory, for His masterful artistry.  Between the colours in the sky, reflections on the water, animals, flora... beautiful.  And this is but one scene on one day in one place in this vast universe and infinite time.  His creativity is endless.

Oh... I forgot that I was running, forgot to get tired.  I was too busy having my breath being taken away to lose my breath.

As I ran up a hill I spotted a little boy.  His back was to me and he was pushing his bike up the hill.  His bike that was bigger than him, with the training wheels... The little guy's helmet seemed huge on top of his little body.

As I approached I prayed silently, "God bless this little boy.  Please bless his life."

As I passed the child I glanced over at him.  He looked up from his chore of pushing that bike.  I saw in his hand a flower.

And I loved him.

3 comments:

Joni said...

Welcome back to blogland, dear friend!

And a wonderful post. Sometimes we need to stop and let God show us His glory...whether through nature or through other people.

Hugs!

Patti said...

Oh, that is just so LOVELY!!!

And yes, it's nice to have you back. :)

Sheepdog said...

Thanks. :)