Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Lawnmower Saga

My lawn mower kept breaking.  It finally went kaput big time and I can't afford to get it fixed.

I was using the weedeater.  That is until I over-used it and it caught on fire.  So no more weedeater.

A friend lent me a lawn mower.  The lawn mower she lent to me had been lent to her.  Her lending this to me had been a surprise and I was very grateful.  I've been able to keep the grass cut.  Yay!

Tonight I took this electric lawn mower of hers out front and started mowing the lawn.  Suddenly there was a bang and a whole lot of smoke.

No, I didn't run over anything.

No, I don't think the grass was too long.

The lawn mower is kaput - and it's not mine.

How am I going to buy this woman a new lawn mower when I can't even pay my hydro and phone bills... any bills?  

And how am I going to keep the grass cut so that the neighbours don't get upset and the city doesn't fine me?

The Bible does say in Malachi that God would rebuke the devourer.  I didn't think that meant the grass devourer.

Before I went out there to cut the grass I'd been feeling quite discouraged.  I thought that perhaps doing something constructive, getting something accomplished would make me feel better.

So should I sit in my flooded basement or outside in my yard that looks terrible?  Hey, maybe if I start building an ark in my front yard it will distract people from the poor appearance of the lawn and garden.

Sheesh.  I should have gone for a run instead.

God is still good.

No comments: