Thursday, July 30, 2009

Psalm for Tonight

The lawnmower is not fixed and no money miraculously appeared.

No new clients.  No new job.

Buried in bills and stress.

No open doors - or so it would appear.

But there is one.  There is an open door.  

Jesus.

The way.

The truth.

Life.

Love.

I can cry and squirm under this unbearable weight...

Or I can look at Him.  And praise Him.  And thank Him for what I have at this moment.

At the end of my last post (just a couple of hours ago) I said "God is still good".  That is true.

This is the psalm I'm hanging onto tonight (the empasis/bolding is mine):

Psalm 138 (NIV)

I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart;

before the "gods" I will sing your praise.

I will bow down toward your holy temple

and will praise your name

for your love and your faithfulness,

for you have exalted above all things 

your name and your word.

When I called, you answered me;

you made me bold and stouthearted.

May all the kings of the earth praise you, O Lord,

when they hear the words of your mouth.

May they sing of the ways of the Lord,

for the glory of the Lord is great.

Though the Lord is on high, he looks upon the lowly, 

but the proud he knows from afar.

Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life;

you stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes,

with your right hand you save me.

The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me;

your love, O Lord, endures forever -

do not abandon the works of your hands.

2 comments:

Admin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Admin said...

No matter what, keep holding on to His hand!

Thought this blog post might encourage you: http://one-pilgrim.blogspot.com/2009/07/do-you-believe.html

(It's my hubby's blog.)