Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Respect The Clothesline

Ontario is considering lifting the ban on clotheslines.  I didn't even know there was such a ban!

If you hang out your clothes in the winter, don't they just freeze instead of dry?

In the summer, hanging out the clothes would be nice. That would save hydro.

Is there such a thing as a retractable clothesline?  I'd like to have one that I could reel in or retract when it's not in use.  That would be perfect.

CBC did an article on the issue of the clothesline ban and in it Keith Stewart of the World Wildlife Fund said that it's time to give clotheslines the respect they deserve.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We have a ban on clotheslines???

I had no idea!!! And I don't care either. Why on earth would I spend money using a dryer in the summer, thus heating up the house, and costing me more in air conditioning, when I have the sunshine and a clothesline outside? That's insane.

I used to have an indoor retractable clothesline. It was OK, but it was pretty cheap - part of it broke almost instantly, and I had to rig it in certain ways, which would sometimes cause it to "retract" with a snap right into my head.

:)