Monday, March 17, 2008

Cold Medication and a Sick Day

I'm sick, so stayed home in my pajamas.

That should mean that my day would be uneventful, right? Shouldn't it be that way?

Before I tell you about what went on here, I want to pass along some information about what my friend went through this weekend. She has been off sick and has been taking cold medication. She got a terrible headache, so took two tylenols. As far as I know, she took the medications in the proper doses.

Then things went haywire for her. Her heart rate went crazy. She had to be taken to the hospital via ambulance. The doctors tried medication to stablize her heart rate, but it didn't work. They had to use the machine with the paddles on her.

Scary stuff.

She's okay now, but what an ordeal for her!

Mine is not a cold, but queasiness, chills, aches, dizziness, etc., so cold medication is not something I'd be using right now anyway. I just mention this partly because I was shocked and concerned for my friend, and partly to pass along that caution.

I ventured downstairs to clean the carpet in the female tenant's room. I thought maybe if I worked really slowly that, bit by bit, I could make some progress.

It's stained beyond belief. It's ruined.

Two grand - for something I never got to use and that someone else destroyed.

God, I want to make enough money so I can have my house back.

Tonight at 11pm I discovered psychopath guy in my house again! The male tenant was not here.

I was pretty angry about that. I confronted him and told him to get out of my house. Again, he had the gall to argue with me! I told him I would be calling the police and that's when he agreed to leave.

But then he went on and on about how sorry he was. He's not sorry for trying to scam his way in here; He's sorry he got caught and sorry he didn't get what he wants! I said that to him.

Then I watched, probably with an incredulous expression on my face, as he stood there and actually worked to conjure up some tears. When he started crying, there were no tears, then his eyes got moist, then the moistness in the eyes went away. He said, "If you would help me just this once..."

I interrupted. You see, it's not "just this once". "Just this once" already happened. Anyway, I told him no and he got very angry. It was explosive.

I was standing there, sick and dizzy, knowing that I'm physically vulnerable.

I told him he had options but was choosing not to do anything and that he wasn't staying here. I walked away and waited.

He went to my son, trying to get my son to help him, to take his side. My son didn't argue with him, but wouldn't take his side, either. Then the guy told my son what he was going to tell me. My son told him he might want to think about that before he did it. The guy was defiant and said, "What's she gonna do, punch me in the face?"

My son calmly said, "You might want to watch what you say to her because you might not like what she says back."

I guess the guy got all macho and huffy and more intent on getting into it with me. My son shrugged his shoulders and laughed a little - kind of like, "whatever, buddy... if you want to jump off a cliff that's your problem"

The guy changed his mind about confronting me. But then he convinced my boy to give him a ride somewhere.

I think I'm going to have to tell my male tenant that the guy is not allowed here after 11pm. That really sucks because the tenant, although my son's age, is still an adult and I don't like having to treat him like a teenager by laying down such a rule.

This is really a sad thing because the tenant is a nice kid and I think he's caught between a whole lot of different forces. But I still need to know that I can go to sleep at night without worrying about who is in my house, who has access to me and my pets and my property.

I'm still up because I'm expecting that this guy is going to try to scam his way in again tonight.

I just wanted to get some rest. Just for a day. One sick day, one day to let my body try to fight whatever has besieged it.

No comments: