Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Kitchen

I went downstairs and found water all over the kitchen floor.

I looked for the source of the water.

I found towels and mats on the floor, all sopping wet. Clearly, at least one of the tenants knew about this water but failed to tell me about it.

Did no one learn from the bathroom fiasco? Or is it that nobody cares because they don't have to pay for the consequences?

The water is from the downstairs fridge. Someone decided to defrost the freezer but failed to stick around to drain it or clean up.

I picked up the sopping towels. The floor tiles came up with the towels. The wood underneath the tiles was saturated so much so that it is buckled and pieces of it are crumbling apart like wet cardboard.

This water has obviously been there for some time.

A large area of floor is affected.

I started to try to clean it.

I could barely move because of all the crap crammed in there.

I sat on the floor and cried.

Why?

I'm doing everything I possibly can to claw myself out of this hole but all the while somebody keeps dumping more dirt on my head.

No comments: