Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Take That, Naysayers!

I decided to phone the bank instead of going in there. It's harder to unintentionally intimidate people over the phone and then if I wanted to roll my eyes or something, they wouldn't be able to see it.

So the guy at the bank I was talking to said, "Well, that's strange"

What I was thinking: It's more than strange; It's idiotic!

What I actually said: "yes."

Then he said: "Well why did they do that?"

What I was thinking: How in the heck would I know?! Whaddya mean by even asking me that?!

What I actually said: "Gee... I don't know."

It went on...

Eventually the situation was fixed. My mortgage did bounce but they agreed to fix that with the mortgage company.

I went and celebrated by having Timmie's coffee with a friend.

Someone from my church left an envelope for me. It contained $50! I was really surprised because hardly anyone knows about what's going on. The only people at church who know what's going on are the Pastors and Spike (the husband of one of the pastors).

My son is now living with me - very cramped conditions for him. This is tough on him, but he's making some healthy and thoughtful decisions.

My interview for that promotion is tomorrow.

The snow melted and all the doggie mess has been revealed. Gross! Gotta get that cleaned up today.

Thinking about specific plans. What I'm doing isn't working well enough - time to do some fine tuning.

The house financing went through. As soon as the cheque clears I'll be able to consolidate most of my debt. This will save me a thousand dollars a month! That's huge.

I'm still not pulling in what I need to meet basic needs and obligations... but I'm not giving up.

I want to take these positives and shove them in the faces of people who told me to give up, those who told me it was impossible, those who said that what I'm doing is stupid, those who say that God can't or won't help... Saying such things to someone whose faith is shaken, who is struggling just to survive, who wants to hope but doesn't really (more like hoping to hope..)... saying such things was demoralizing and discouraging rather than helpful.

And guess what! I'm still here! I'm still in my home and I still have my animals in spite of how impossible it is! I take no credit for that, by the way. This was impossible for me. But nothing is impossible for God and He DID the impossible.

Take that, naysayers! HA!

I still have a very long, long way to go. But God has brought me this far and He will be with me until the end and longer.

This doesn't mean I'm not scared or stressed or weary; I am. It does mean that God is stronger than all of the forces and circumstances that would come to bear against me.

And thank you to those who have been and continue to be a part of this journey.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

judging by the storm raging outside right now, i'd say you don't have to worry about the doggie mess for awhile.

:)

Anonymous said...

Yeah. When I got home I tried picking it up - but it was frozen to the ground. uck... haha

I'm not working the night job tonight, so am puttering in my office - with music playing in the background. It's the first time since what's-his-name knocked the life outta me. Progress.... It's all progress.

I'm grateful to God for music. Only an amazingly creative God could have given us music.