Saturday, March 15, 2008

Should have stayed home

I should have stayed home.

While I was sitting at my computer and slowly doing things around the house I felt bad, but not bad enough to call in sick. When I got to work where the physical demands are much greater, my physical state deteriorated quickly. A couple of times I was sure I was going to faint (but I didn't).

The Wayward Manager let me go one hour early. This is after I asked, after two other employees told her that she really ought to let me go, and even a customer commented in front of her that I looked terrible.

I drove the psychopath guy to his mother's. I really ought to come up with a different name for him. "Psychopath" sounds so purely evil and, even though the guy likely really is a psychopath, no one is truly pure and complete evil. He is still a human being and labelling him like that is a barrier to remembering his humanity. I just can't come up with a better name at the moment.

During the drive, he asked me if he could move into my house. I told him that he could not. I told him that other people are already interested in the room (which is true) and that if I could figure out a way not to rent out the room at all then I won't (also true), and that it can't be rented until repairs are done anyway (also true).

I suggested to him that he talk to some people about getting some help with making a plan to get off of the streets and get some help getting together a plan and some supports in a more holistic sense so that once he got off the streets he could stay off and have a real shot at getting what he wants out of life. He said he liked that idea. We'll see what, if anything, he actually does about it.

He's already got the senior boss at work mad at him because he just didn't show up for his shift.

I've got to make some notes. The Wayward Manager still isn't following proper procedure with the cash.

If I'm feeling this lousy tomorrow, I will call in sick. I don't want to, though, because I don't want to leave them short-handed. On the other hand, they don't need me giving them whatever virus I've got.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Stay home!!!!!

Don't spread the germs. :)