Tuesday, February 19, 2008

It's Coming!!!!

Yes, I will do part 2 of the last post - but will do it sometime during the day tomorrow (really today).

In preparation for that story, I'll tell you that on Saturday when I was packing my lunch, some of that meatball dish my friend gave to me, I was thinking about how grateful I was to have that. I was remembering a time when I ate nothing but oatmeal for two months. Two meals a day - both oatmeal - for two months because that's all I could manage. I remember being soooo sick of oatmeal, but grateful that I had something. And now, even in the current situation, so far I haven't gone a day without a meal and have not had to eat only oatmeal or only rice (did that one for a while, too) for weeks or months in a row. You know, there are people who won't have the same thing two days in a row, never mind two months.

Anyway, the whole thing reminded me of the story of Manna from heaven. The Israelites were so grateful, but got pretty sick of eating just that. God got mad and basically said, 'okay, if you want meat, you'll get so much that you'll be sick of that, too'. So He sent quail (I think - too lazy to look it up....) and they got sick of that, too.

God never promised that He would give us a gourmet buffet every day.

I've been figuring I would have start with the oatmeal pretty soon and that I'm very lucky that I haven't had to do that thus far. Still, I figured it's coming, but it's still something. I still won't starve and die like some people do. So, I said a prayer. I said I was sorry for all the times I've been less than grateful. I said thanks for what I have. I said that even when I have to resort to the oatmeal, that I'm grateful and told God "thank you" ahead of time for that. That was Saturday afternoon.


Now... re the title of this post....

.... oooooohhhhhh I'm so excited!

ha!

It's coming!!!!

I found out that.....

..... are ya ready?.... (hehe)

I'm going to get A DAY OFF!!!!

Yes!

A WHOLE day! A whole day off!

Yep! This Saturday!

Yes!! WOOHOOO!!!!

A whole day off!!!! YAY!!!!

What should I do with it? I don't know!

Here are some things I could do with it. Let me know what you think, 'cause I don't even know what the best thing to do is...

I could:
- get caught up on housework
- sleep (but then my day would be gone)
- clean and organize my office
- play a video game
- take the dogs for a walk
- groom the kitties
- prepare a week's worth of meals and freeze them
- laze around in my pajamas and watch movies all day
- give myself a home spa kinda thing (soak the old feet, manicure, do my hair...)
- get up whenever I feel like it and linger over coffee and a crossword
- get caught up on some stuff re the day job
- bake something (I think I have stuff to do that...)

Any other ideas?

What should I pick?

Can I really take the day off? If I'm not productive, will I struggle with that? Will I think about all the things I should be doing? How do I mentally prepare for a day off so that it can be a real day off?

Anyone?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

TAKE THE DAY OFF!!!!

Don't do your day work! Allow yourself to be incredibly unproductive! If you rest and play, it will renew your mind, and you will be more productive when you get back!!!

Sleep in!

Go for a walk!

Play with your pets!

Have an afternoon nap!

Have coffee and a crossword!

Go to bed early!

That's my two cents. I'm willing to buy you the Saturday paper - it has a week's worth of puzzles.

Anonymous said...

I agree. Don't try to do anything regarding work at all. Just relax and let your body and mind have a break.

To prepare yourself, just remind yourself all week that you are working your behind off, and you DESERVE a day to let your body recuperate!

Mom of Sundance said...

Pamper yourself. Relaxing home spa........

Not only is it a day off. It is a mini vacation from the trials in life.

Anonymous said...

I'm leaning towards sleeping in, walking to the store with the dogs to get a paper (using some of that "gas money" my friend gave to me - I can spend a dollar on a paper just once, right?), then lingering over coffee and crosswords with the t.v on (maybe- or maybe I'll enjoy the peace and quiet).

Then I'm going to do whatever I feel like instead of planning everything!

Saturday evening I'm going to get into my jammies early and soak my feet and do my nails. I'm going to bed early and might even do some cross-stitch.

I'm going to get a good sleep Saturday night and go to CHURCH Sunday morning and actually be awake for the sermon!

The hardest part will be my thinking. I think Joni is right in her comment. I can push work thoughts and worries away - a thousand times if I have to - and tell myself that I worked hard for this day off and it's really okay to take it.