Sunday, February 24, 2008

It's Not The Same

I didn't go.

I can't believe it. I was looking forward to going to church and I didn't go.

I couldn't fall asleep until 3am again. This has happened before in recent times.... When I got up, my throat was swollen and killing me and I had a doozy of a headache. What is this?! I can't afford to be sick. I went back to bed. My glands are still pretty swollen and the head still hurts, but not as bad as this morning and my throat isn't hurting so much. So I'm telling myself that I'm not sick - but I should eat those oranges my friend gave to me.

Yes, I know I can worship without going to church; I can read and pray without going to church; with all that the internet has to offer I can even get the benefit of a sermon without going to church; I can serve others and serve Christ without going to church. These things are not limited to church; They're part of daily living anyway.

Still... it's not the same.

There's something about going to church that's important. There are human connections that wouldn't take place without it; There's the difference in dynamic when worshipping; There's someone else's take on a sermon or scripture passage; And I think... I'm not sure, but I think there is something that happens in the spiritual realm when believers get together like that. It's something good. I also believe that not going to church eventually makes one vulnerable.

That's just my thinking, anyway.

No comments: